4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated!!!)
2 quarts milk
1 tablespoon Vanilla
- Mint chocolate chips
- crushed candy cane/peppermint candies
- little cookies
- whipped cream
- anything else that goes well with hot chocolate
- Chop unsweetened chocolate into chocolate-chip sized pieces.
- Combine unsweetened chocolate, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk in slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover, cook on high for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in 2 cups of milk, whisk until mixture is smooth. Add the rest of the milk and vanilla.
- Cover, cook on high for another 2 hours or until hot.
- Before serving, stir mixture again with wire whisk, reduce heat setting to low.